Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jesus, with Skin on ~

My goal in teaching, is to show my children "Jesus, with skin on"! Now, this sounds rather odd, but I was challenged by a Sunday school teacher to do this very thing. His father had passed away, and as this man stood in church, he could find not one "bad" thing about his father. He never showed anger, never yelled, never spoke harshly...his home was always open to anyone and everyone, and he shared Jesus constantly. He helped others by giving what he could, and finding others to help in what he could not do. This man was no super-human hero, but he was "Jesus, with skin on"! I am sure he had his faults, but his son didn't see that. Instead, he saw a man who not only read the Bible, but lived it the exact way that Jesus did over 2,000 years ago.

So, as I walk into class each day, am I prepared for the questions that will come? Am I ready to face the hurts and pains, the frustrations, the fears, disappointments and other issues that come into the lives of these little ones? How will I react? Who will I turn to? What feelings will I have - but more importantly... How will I react to these little ones? Will I be a "Jesus, with skin on"?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that! When you think about it, that's what we celebrate at Christmas, "Jesus, with skin on."

I pledge.....

I pledge.....
Have you hugged a Soldier today:?