Friday, November 2, 2007


Happy "We Love Jesus" Day! Since I'm a Christian, I choose not to celebrate Halloween. On this night, you hide your true self, and become something else. Most times, it's something evil. My students know how I feel about this, and I pray for their safety when they tell me they are going out for treats. I explain to them, that tricking others isn't what the Lord did! When Jacob in the Bible (whose name means Trickster) sold a bowl of red bean soup to his brother, then dressed as Esau came and stole the blessing from his Father, Jacob had to leave his family in fear for his life. Tricking others is not fun, nor is it good.

Therefore, we celebrated "We Love Jesus" day. Mrs. Kay brought in this amazing pumpkin to share with us the Love of Jesus. Pumpkins are just dandy, and this one does have a face too! You'll just have to read on to see why!
When she came to speak to us, she asked us to pretend that we were a pumpkin, all alone, out in the patch. Then Jesus came along and picked us right up! He looked deep inside us, and little by little made a change. He opened our eyes, so we could see. Then He let us experience new things, and made us smile. All the while, He was taking out the bad (seeds and goop) from our life, and throwing it away. He puts his Light (the Holy Spirit) inside us, and makes us shine for Him! With that light, we are able to tell others about His Love.
Will you tell someone today? Be a pumpkin and share His Love!


1 comment:

Ros Horton said...

That is so precious! What a refreshing change from the way the world celebrates!

I pledge.....

I pledge.....
Have you hugged a Soldier today:?