Monday, August 20, 2007

a DATE is a fruit!!!

Every boy or girl has one teacher that they just totally fall in love with when they are a child. Well, I've got one of those, and he is too cute for words! When he was younger, and I was not his teacher, I would tell him that "when he got big", I would marry him! His family got such a charge out of that!!! He's in my class now, just a few years later, and insists that he loves me, and he's going to marry me, and every other girl in the classroom! (He's the only boy in his grade!) Last year at Valentines Day, he proposed to me....

This year, as we were studying alphabetical order, he learned that a "date" is a fruit; that didn't stop him!
"All right, we have 3 words: olive, papaya and date. Which one comes first?"
"Date?!?! I'M ON A DATE WITH MISS ....!"
"No, this date is a fruit...we are not on a date."
"Well, the date comes first! I'M ON A DATE WITH YOOOOOOU!"

Wow. What a day.

2 comments:

Jamie Barrows said...

LOL, dates vs dates.

Ros Horton said...

You're in for an interesting year for sure! Keep us posted!

I pledge.....

I pledge.....
Have you hugged a Soldier today:?